lundi 21 septembre 2009

020207


Change of boat, change of route, change of climate... redo all the lists. With this different boat our problems of space and weight are solved but there are new enigmas: of leaving from a unknown country on the other side of the world; on a a boat we don’t know; new weather systems; very hot instead of very cold... I still wake up once in a while in a life raft rolling under breaking waves of ice water, or some very important item I forgot pops up in my head and I can’t get back to sleep till I’ve worked it out. But things are calming down a bit. I will never get everything done, it will not be perfect, and/but we will survive. Esa is still hanging in there and being a great help, Pops helps once in a while, Arik is supporting, and the kids are a bit scared. I’ve been trying to work out a watch system. I’ve looked at any number of solutions, none of which seem optimum. Most that seem to work out logically are multiples of 2 hours, which seem out of sync with my experience, which is more a 3-hour sleep cycle... Security is everyone knowing how and when to use all the alternative ways of doing almost everything. Sensitive areas are: sail maneuvers, electronic and celestial navigation, collision avoidance, first-aid, communications, engine use and repair, emergency procedures... These are the systems.