lundi 21 septembre 2009

2200


We just got back from our worse meal ever, like really bad. depressingly bad. It is rare that i walk out of bad movies, less rare that i walk out of bad plays, but to not eat when I’m really hungry - that is extremely rare. Well we got there tonight. So bad that I left half my plate, lost my appetite and contemplated revenge. Good food is essential when adapting the zen or stoic attitude under the strain of broken-engine-frustration. Good food permits one to go with the flow. Imagine an over cooked hamburger so over cooked it was tasteless, probably micro waved to death, on a cold store bought bun with a dab of store bought pesto sauce (it was called «Vespa basil burger») (this was an italian style harbor bar and grill). The fries were as undercooked as the burger was over zapped - frozen fries micro zapped and very mealy... Unfortunately i didn’t attempt a taste of Jorgen’s Lasagna, or Juha’s Penne primaverra salad so I can’t expound on the qualities of the pasta. Esa and i were supposed to split the fries and his salad but after a try he quickly finished off his side, and didn’t try a second fry - I don’t blame him. Tomorrow, day one of the 3 to 5 days, I will eat only bananas. I forgot to mention that we haven’t had any electricity in NAOMI since they pulled the engine, so we all walk around with headlamps while inside - miner style. I have mine on right now so I can go brush my teeth. I have been sending pictures but they seem to have gotten lost in cyberspace. xxx p